The Health and Safety Program
The Health and Safety Program provides a range of services for members directed by Conventions, the National Board of Directors and the Alliance Executive Committee.
Objectives of the Health and Safety Program (based on the ILO/WHO definition)
These services are oriented toward:
- The promotion and maintenance of the highest degree of physical, mental and social well-being of workers.
- The prevention among workers of ill-health caused by their working conditions
- The protection of workers in their employment from factors promoting ill-health.
- The placing and maintenance of workers in an occupational environment adapted to their physiological and psychological condition.
- The H1N1 Flu Virus and Your Rights at Work
- Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Canada Labour Code, Part II
- Safety and Health Committees and Representatives
- Hazard Prevention Program Regulation
- Hazard Prevention Program Guide, (PDF)
- April 4, 2003 Health and Safety Bulletin SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI) - February 28
- Earth Day - April 22
- Day of Mourning - April 28
- It's Time to Enact Health and Safety Legislation for Parliament Hill Workers
- BRUSH: British Columbia Regional Union Safety and Health Committee
Date Modified : 2011/11/08