How to Join PSAC
- Contact us. We’ll discuss starting a union at your workplace and the improvements having a union can bring you and your coworkers.
- Once all your questions are answered and you’ve decided to pursue joining the PSAC you will work with a PSAC Organizer to develop a plan - including getting others involved and having them sign union membership cards.
- Once a majority of your co-workers have signed membership cards, PSAC will ask the appropriate labour board - federal or provincial - for right to represent you - to be your the bargaining agent for you and your coworkers.
- Once certified, we will work with you to set up a local. This means adopting bylaws that say how decisions are made, choosing a team who will negotiate a collective agreement with your employer then we will start bargaining a first agreement. For the first time you will have a role to play in determining your pay and benefits and working conditions.
See also: PSAC's Orientation Book
Join PSAC: Contact information
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us at 1-888-604-7722 (national toll free number)
- fax us at 613-563-3492
Adrian Dumitru, Acting / Organizing Program Officer
Loren Crawford, Organizing Program Officer
Organizing / Syndicalisation
Adrian Dumitru, National Capital Region
Jim Brohman, Whitehorse
Dave Thompson, B.C.
Véronique Allard, Prairies
Michelle Sweeney, Ontario
Jérôme Messier, Québec
Dave Shaw, Atlantic
Date Modified : 2012/09/12